cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

2.4, 5 and wired

andycharlesdavis
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Ok, so talktalk upgraded my wires to fibre for free according to their letter, but have since increased my bill! They also gave me a new fibre router, sagemcon, with phone socket. All my  IOT now fail to work and WiFi signal is crap. I have a Sonos system wired on the LAN too. So the only thing I can find in the router settings is to switch on guest 2.4 and 5 ghz, to prevent my phones from defaulting to 5ghz as phone needs to be on 2.4 to use IOT, however with doing this for some reason this stops my phone from operating My Sonos system. If I switch back to the main wifi not the guest ones I can the use the Sonos. Obviously this is not useable having to switch WiFi all the time. How do I get around this issue? My previous router was great. Just two frequency’s with full control. Oh and Talktalk hang up on me when I try to question why Iam charged more. Pay more for a less! 

There must be a solution.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi andycharlesdavis

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Always simple when you know how.  🙂

Let us know if it helps. 

Message 3 of 7

Ah ok just rename it, as they were both named the same!, lol. So simple. Thank you. 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Login in the Hub and go through internet settings > advanced settings. When the Wifi pops up use the settings button in each band to change the SSIDs, I just leave the 2.4GHz one as is and then add 5GHz to the other. Your devices can then identify them separately and you can choose whichever suits. 

Message 5 of 7

Do you know how, I cannot find any setting to do this? Ta

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You can split the wireless bands/SSIDs on the Sagemcom Hub 2 which may go some way to resolving this.