cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

2.4G Wifi Dropping Out Again....

Bostin1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

In March I had an issue with 2.4G Wifi signal dropping out and the issue was resolved at the time  by TT who switched the wifi optimisation off.

This issue has now started again and the only way I can get 2.4G is by re-booting the router but this only lasts a few days until it happens again.

Can you confirm that WIFI optimisation is still switched off? If so how can this issue be resolved.

Regards

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Bostin1

I'm unable to connect to your router. Please can you send me the serial number from the back of your router by Private Message?

Just to add, we are no longer able to switch off WIFI optimisation.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Of course, as a customer myself, I have no influence on TalkTalk policy, I am just the messenger here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Bostin1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your feedback I will wait for a response.

Please see below the original response in March which cured the issue. I did have a separate problem  with broadband speed in April (1-2MB download) TT arranged for Openreach to check the lines etc. No issues were found by them, apparently (as I understood) from the engineer the issue was with the speed which had been turned down at source, it was reset and things have been OK up until the past few days. 

Speed is OK only 2.4G.

Regards

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
STAFF

on ‎05-03-2024 09:39 AM

Message 6 of 8

Hi Bostin1

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The current policy is to not disable Wi-Fi optimisation, although I hadn't heard that any customers who already had it disabled would find it suddenly enabled again. Of course, a factory reset of the router will always re-enable WiFi Optimisation.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and adviser you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes