cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Accessing BT internet email

TinkerHamilton
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

We moved to TalkTalk from BT at the beginning of the year and up until yesterday we’re able to send and receive emails from our phone and iPads using wifi without a problem. Now we can only do so using our cellular data. A little research has lead me to conclude it’s the DNS settings.  I have an eero router and I have no idea how to change them.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi @TinkerHamilton 

To set a Custom DNS in the eero app you will need to disable eero Secure via the Discover tab. When eero Secure's Advance Security is off and there are no content filters or site blocking active then via the Settings tab and Network Services you will be able to set a Custom DNS like Google DNS 8.8.8.8 for example.

However, I can access BT Internet Mail because I was previously with BT Broadband. It is BT policy to restrict ex users that do not subscribe to the BT Internet Mail premium service, to webmail access only. I can therefore confirm that webmail access works perfectly well via the TalkTalk DNS 79.79.79.79 servers. I do also have an eero mesh router system and eero Secure remains fully active on my eero app.

So, ultimately, as you may be limited to webmail access only try that first. BT Email is changing select the link and login via Email on the top right header.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution