cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router/Line problem

ELBOW1969
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

For the last couple of days my broadband connection has been connecting for about minute then dropping out for a few minutes then connecting again for a minute before dropping out again as if it's stuck in a loop. I've turned it off and on again, unplugged everything and plugged it back in again and pressed the reset button left it turned on again after waiting for half an hour ( as suggested by the online chat ) nothing has worked, has anybody got any suggestions?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969

Sorry for the delay.

I've arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 30/01 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Will this date and time be ok?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

ELBOW1969
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Hi Debbie, any luck with Openreach booking an engineer?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969

Thank you. Did you also complete the form/link in the Private Message I sent over?

Debbie

0 Likes

ELBOW1969
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

I've spoken with my wife, she said she can work from home most days if you let us know when the engineer is coming. 

Message 6 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969

I can try and book a Saturday appointment but these are not always available.

Are there any other days in the week when someone could be at home between 8am - 1pm or 1pm - 6pm?

I have also sent you a Private Message.

0 Likes

ELBOW1969
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie, somebody will be in at the following times:

Monday-Thursday 5.00pm onwards

Friday - 3.00pm onwards

Saturday & Sunday all day

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969

I've checked and Openreach are asking us to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

We can arrange this visit for you. Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges Engineer charges

0 Likes

ELBOW1969
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

I was involved in another online chat on Saturday which resulted in the online expert said she detected a fault on the line and said it would be reported to Openreach do that an engineer could be sent out to investigate. 

Openreach sent me a text message on Saturday saying an engineer had been allocated to investigate but since then I've heard nothing and the fault persists making it impossible for my wife to work from home and an increasingly grumpy teenager who can't do his online gaming.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

HI ELBOW1969

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi ELBOW1969

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes