cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Asus RT AX 57 router Fibre 65

Sam200me1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Can I use this router ASUS Rt Ax 57 instead of my old talktalk router, which I have had for over 5 years. This is because I have problems with using multiple devices and speed lags in spite of having Wi-Fi extenders in the house. Reluctant to move to full fibre as wanted to keep home phone number. 
If I can use it instead, how would I set it up? 
thank you 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

thank you that’s really helpful 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

According to @Divsec above, you need a modem in addition, to use that ASUS router in a pre-Full Fibre connection.

Even though the Wifi Hub 2 has a modem in it, the modem in it, can't be isolated to use it with that ASUS.

So I don't think you can use that ASUS router with a pre-Full Fibre connection. I think you can use it on its own with a Full Fibre connection.

Bill

0 Likes

Sam200me1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Thank you so much for that. I haven’t bought the ASU’s router yet as I wasn’t sure it would work. Could I still add this as well as the Wi-Fi hub? 
thank you 

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

I think it works on both, Full Fibre and pre-Full Fibre, @Sam200me1 .

Since you are not ready for full fibre, you can connect from the Master BT socket to the Broadband socket on the far left on the back of the WIFI HUB 2. And it might work better than your older router.

Aren't you going to use your ASUS router for now?

Billx

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

thanks I decided to get a second hand talktalk Wi-Fi hub 2 as I thought that would be better than my current probably over 5 year old router!  Now wondering if that only for full fibre? 
thanks again 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

thank you - I’ve bought a second hand talktalk Wi-Fi hub 2 router but not sure if this will work better? Is this hub only for full fibre - and needing a fibre connection box? 
I can’t go onto full fibre yet as my contract end date is a way off🙁

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

You can still upgrade to Full Fibre and keep your 'home phone number'.

But you might not get that much help from TalkTalk to configure your non-TalkTalk router.

Billx

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Sam200me1 a quick check suggests the ASUS is a router only so the modem in your tt device would still be needed.

What model is your existing tt device? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes