cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Blink system won’t connect to new router

Bob-wood
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I have just upgraded to fibre 250 which involved installing a new router. This is all working well except I have been unable to connect my Blink sync module to the new router. It’s driving me nuts. I am continually being told I have entered an incorrect password (which I haven’t) . It appears this is a common response on the Blink system when it can’t identify the real problem.

Has anybody else had this problem? And if so please tell me how to fix it. Blink technical help desk just give me the usual, restart this, restart that etc etc all of which I have done numerous times.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thanks Keith

Good news, I’ve found a solution

My router allows a “guest network” which only uses the 2.4ghz band.

I set one up, and  after a couple of tries got  to connect to the sync module on the guest network. There was a long delay while there was  a “firmware update” and then confirmation that module was successfully added. The cameras were then added without issue and the system is back working. 
Thanks again for your advice

Bob

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Bob-wood 

The factory reset resets all router configuration to the state that it was supplied to you. It will connect OK & you will have to make any changes to it again that you made before.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Keith

Thanks for your efforts to try and help me.

Can you tell me what effect a factory reset will have on my router? Certainly when I restarted the 5Ghz band it wasn’t working very well, but just restarting it moved all my devices to the correct band and the speed was back to what I would expect. It appears to be working perfectly well at the moment (current issue excluded)

I am currently working through a list of “advice” from the Blink technical support team ( I use the term loosely), but at the moment nothing is working. Watch this space.

thank you again for your effort

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Bob,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

If you haven't disabled either band, then you are OK, just split the SSIDs.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Aha, so do the reset first and then split the SSIDs in this case? I nave never actively disabled a band so have not come across that. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

However, having disabled the 5GHz band, devices connected to it will no longer function correctly if you re-enable the band, as you should for faster speeds of other devices, they will not function correctly. This is because there is a bug in V174 that re-enabling either WiFi band means that they do not function as expected. You will now need to do a factory reset of the configuration, as that is the only workaround.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

I have a Blink doorbell which I connected to my Hub 2 without any issue. Blink does only operate on the 2.4Ghz network. So if you currently have a single SSID, which is the standard setting, try renaming it to two for each band e.g. I simply added "-5GHz" to that one on mine and hopefully that will sort it for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

The blink system is controlled through the sync module, a kind of hub. This has to connect to the local network in order to be able to add cameras. It then controls the camera system.

My router is 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2
version SG4K100174

Sagem

This was a replacement for my previous Sagem. I never made any changes on that. I’ve a feeling it’s something to with 2.4/ 5 GHz set up, as the cameras will only work on 2.4, although I have tried turning off the 5 and going through the procedure, but got the same result. 
Thanks for taking a look

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Is this system (I have no knowledge of Blink, other than it must be an IP device of some sort) connecting OK to the Wi-Fi, or Ethernet but does not connect to some server? What make/model of router do you have now? Did you ever have to add any additional configuration to the old router?

Keith

0 Likes