cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Blinking orange light and microfilter

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

My router disconnected from the internet yesterday and now has the slow blinking orange light. I tried all the usual fixes and contacted talk talk who ran tests and then said I needed a microfilter and wouldn't offer any other help. I have a double master socket (I sent a picture of this via the service chat) and according to talk talks own page a

1000034266.jpg

double master socket doesn't need a microfilter. The only solution offered was to send me one which can take up to two days. Have I missed something about double master sockets and microfilter? When I asked the service agent why I suddenly need a microfilter after years of no problems without one I was shut down and told to "just trust me" 

Any help/clarification would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

I no longer have the box, I've had the router for some time and never needed a micro filter so I wouldn't have kept it. I was told via the chat yesterday that a replacement is being sent 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

You should have received one with your router, do you still have the router box?

Chris

0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Ok I'll have to wait until I've received the microfilter 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Could you try connecting the router to the test socket (under the master socket faceplate) with a micro-filter and if the router then still won't connect we can arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Just the one in the picture 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Thanks, how many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Yes, everything is connected as it usually would be. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

OK thanks. Is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

There are no issues with my phone, the line is clear, I phoned people last night with no issues 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi EDevia,

Line test is picking up a potential problem, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

EDevia
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

I have done this now

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes