cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broken Router

justaguy
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

The last few days I was getting intermittent dropouts on my Fibre package but then last night around 11pm it stopped working altogther - I tried all the recomended tests and fixes but the best I could get out of my router was a flashing orange light that never went white anymore. I tried to get extra help with the Live Chat feature but clicking the button failed to do anything. 
Eventually about an hour ago i remembered I still had the router you supplied me when I took on the fibre package so I disconnected the none functioning router supplied with my fibre package and connected up the old router - I used ethernet connections to my lounge desktop and also one to my bedroom laptop so i didn't have to change any passwords etc.
What I need to know is - is this router okay to use with the fibre package or are there any factors I need to take into account? 
I am wondering why I was supplied with a different router in the first place as the one supplied for my old broadband package seems to work fine - if there is a major issue in using this old router I will of course stop using it but I would require another router as the existing router you supplied with my fibre package is clearly broken as I spent 24 hours trying to get it working. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I hope everything goes well with your new ISP. If you need any further assistance in the meantime then please just let us know.

Thanks 🙂

Message 2 of 12

Sorry for slow response - I have been somewhat busy of late. The current router is perfectly okay for now and I won't be requiring another one as I am now in the middle of switching to another provider. As I explained to Debbie and Michelle from the support team - my reasons for switching has nothing to do with either the support and help I have had here or indeed with the service itself.
If my new supplier has anything as friendly as this form of support I will count myself lucky.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

All is good now - sorry for delayed response - have been been busy with other issues. Thank you for your attention though it's appreciated. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi - sorry for delayed response . Sending me a new router is a kind offer but now unnecessary as I am now in the middle of switching to another provider. My reason for switching is private but it has nothing to do with the support service here which has been very good as  far as I am concerned. Nor has it to do with the service itself which has generally been very good. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if you still need assistance with this?

Thanks 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Hi justaguy

Apologies for the delay.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router?

Message 7 of 12

Cool. It is just as well you had the D-Link to hand, although it really is rather outdated now. I would generally say if ain't broke, don't fix it. But in this case your Hub clearly is broken and you should get a replacement. Then you can return your old friend back to it's role as a trusty back-up. I am sure the support team will sort this out for you when they are back online from Monday. 

Message 8 of 12

Thank you - I really like this router anyway so I'm glad I don't have to swap it out. 
The Router supplied with my Fibre package is a:
Sagemcom S\N : N7183524N004983 (Talk Talk Wifi Hub) [the broken one]
and the one I am using that was supplied with my old broadband package is a:
D-Link model: DSL-3782 S\N: RZVP1HC044403
Hope this helps.
🙂

Message 9 of 12

I noticed there were two questions there! Yes it's OK to use, the fact that it is functioning should be the main answer.  🙂

Which make/model of router broke and which are you using now? 

Message 10 of 12

Just to be clear - is that "Yes" this router IS okay to use with my fibre package or did you mean "Yes" there is a major issue in continuing to use this older router even though it seems to be working fine? 

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Yes is the answer.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes