cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broken download speed

Morgai
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I've been having problems on an off for about 2 weeks. A re-boot usually sorts it, but not now. Upload speed is 6Mbs Download is reported at 18Mbs by the router, but using a speed checker gives 300Kbs which ties in with the speed at which websites load. I've not had any messages after doing line test over the past few days. It's extrealy challenging to load any website at this speed, and many including your timeout while trying to open pages.

How can I get this resolved?

The futures so bright, ya gotta wear shades!
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Morgai,

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted, apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for the feedback

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

That's good to see, any idea what was done to sort the problem? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Ok, had a good response yesterday evening. After an hour and a half on the chat with 2 agents. I was going to be left for another 24 hours for it to sort itself out, when I threw a bit of a hissy fit. Anyway the agent to there credit t he do sorted the problem. I now have the fastest connection I have ever had. Thank you for this.

I thought it interesting that even though the systems were reporting a problem there was no proactive response. If I had been sent a message to say, “ we notice you have a problem with your service and are looking into it” this would have started a much better conversation. This first assumption was a line fault, when in fact about 30mins max of time with the customer would have sorted everything out. Food GIF thought for the future.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Morgai

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Morgai

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Morgai
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

So had the OpenReach engineer arrive today. NO problem with the external line!

He did however fit a new external plate to the master socket. NOw my router says I've an even better connection over 29MB download and over 6Mb upload.

Did another speed test: Download is 0.4Mb upload is 6Mb

5 days without proper service, I'm supposed to get a minimum of 14Mb connection.

The fault is either at the router, between the line connection and the rest of the network, or somwhere in TalkTalks equipment at the exchange.

I'm currently trying to find a router at my end to see it I can diagnose for them.

This should not be the case - I should be charging this at my current charge out rate of £600 per day! maybe that would liven things up a bit.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Good afternoon,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Ok, after a second attempt at calling them, got through to a chat operator. I now have an open reach visit on Tuesday. Hopefully that will get it sorted 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

The support staff on the forum are not here but you should be able to use Chat today, @Morgai.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Morgai
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Already in the master socket and operation is no different. 😞

Its very poor as a communication company not having any staff available st the weekend.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Staff will be back on Monday, @Morgai.

Worth waiting for their support and line tests etc.

Plug in your router at the test socket of you have one. Maybe give the router fully 30 mins switched off before restarting, then leave it on until you hear back from staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes