cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can I get a new route?

StuartH3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Since joining Talk Talk we have had the same route which I estimate to be maybe 5 years old now if not older. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi StuartH3

That's great news 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie 

Yes thanks we have received our new router. I appears to now reach throughout the house better

Message 3 of 8

Hi StuartH3

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi StuartH3

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

If you are having issues with Wi-Fi connectivity then it is quite possible it may be more related to channel interference, rather than a fault with the router.

For example, if a neighbour has a router that is broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours then the signals can interfere, and cause your Wi-Fi range to be significantly reduced.

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

Also, be aware that the Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the Support Team here would be able to help with that when they return next week.

StuartH3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Internet drops in and out, its shocking that it no longer reaches part of our house. we have had this router still the start of our contract which I think was 2018/2019.

it is a sagemcom

device ver: fast 5364-3. t8

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @StuartH3,

Is your current router giving you any specific problems ?. What model of router do you currently have ?

The support team here won't be back until Monday, but they will be able to help more then.