cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Confusion about upgrade to Fibre 150

DRGW71
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the process for the upgrade to Fibre 150 I recently ordered.

We have a Fibre 65 contract.

Back in December, Cityfibre upgraded our home to full fibre and after a bit of fiddling, our full fibre connection (Sagem router connected to the ONT) is now up and running (and the router disconnected from the landline).

As our Fibre 65 contract is ending in July, I had a chat online last week with Talktalk to look at our options and chose to upgrade to Fibre 150 data only (without a landline), as it was cheaper than staying on Fibre 65.

The sale person I chatted with insisted that I needed an engineer visit at home to install the upgrade, even though I mentioned that we already had full fibre installed by Cityfibre. And now I'm getting an email scheduling an appointment with an OpenReach engineer and describing the full fibre upgrade install process (work outside and inside the house to connect the fibre, etc).

I understand these emails are probably generic, but I'm not sure what is there still to install and why I need an engineer's visit ? If it is only to install the Eero router, I can deal with that myself (and not even sure I will install it, as I need the 4 LAN ports from the Sagem and our home is not big enough to really benefit from mesh Wi-Fi).

Thank you for any clarification.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi DRGW71,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi DRGW71,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes