cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre dropped speed

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Not sure for how long but its dropped from 56+ down to 24Mbs. Turned router off for 15 mins and back on but still the same.

Went through the talk talk speed test and then check line which said it found an issue and it said we need to contact you, there was a button to press to contact but it did nothing. I have the fault number but not sure if I should show it here.

fault infofault info 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 1 of 21

👌

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi

PM sent with details 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 3 of 21

Ok Via a PM for security I hope. 😙

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi,

OK, doing it now, will let you know the date in about 10 mins.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

No day in mind,  ASAP please

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi

Thanks for confirming. Shall I book the earliest available or do you have any days in mind ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 21

Ok Done

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi, 

just need to drop you a PM to confirm security details.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 21

Yes please an engineer. I accept potential charges if the fault is found with my own rewiring etc etc. Although I do not have any extensions an so on. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi

Ok, in this case, the next option is to book an engineer.  Would you like to arrange this now ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Same, they don't move from this 

My Internet Connection

Status
Connected

Current speeds

Download
25.0 Mbps
Upload
6.0 Mbps

This is the new router you sent
0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Marvel

How are the speed results today ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 13 of 21

Received the Router today and just fitted and there is no improvement in speed. Is another line test needed from your end. I will give it a day to see if it settles in any faster.

I keep checking the speed to the router and it does not seem to vary.

New statNew stat

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21
0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 15 of 21

Ok thank you. it seems to of got itself stuck at the below when it should be 56Mbs or more.

Current speeds

Download: 24.41 Mbps

Upload: 5.85 Mbps

Current Connection time

Online for 0:14:44 day(s)

I will report back when I have tested with the new router.

Message 16 of 21

Hi Marvel

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 17 of 21

Yes please

Message 18 of 21

Hi

Would you like me to send a router for testing before we proceed towards an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Marvel
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Do not have an alternative router to test. I have a NTE 5C MK 4 socket which was fitted a months ago when I had a disconnecting issue.

My landline is plugged into the front of this socket and so not hard wired to the base. I have pulled the landline out of the front of the socket and the speed is the same.

The router is and always was plugged directly into the front of the socket.

With the phone unplugged from the socket I do not have any of my own internal wiring other than that from the router to the socket with the supplied cable and then I have Cat 5 cables from the router to my equipment.

I have actually noticed a few outages over the last few days but put it down to the usual and dismissed it. You may be able to see them other than today when I have been turning it off and on again.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi

Line tests are showing an issue either close to or within the property.

Are you able to test with an alternative router at the 'Test Socket' directly ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips