cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Master socket piggy back connection

kempas
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Had a few connection issues over the last few days, dropping out when using the phone etc. Crackled on the phone.

Logged a fault but just checked the master socket - haven't really looked since we had faster fibre a few years back and no issues.

Just wanted to check our setup is correct. We seem to have a MK3 faceplate plugged into to old NTE5 faceplate which itself is plugged into the master/test socket.

I assume this is as expected? Just caught me a second when testing the phone in the test socket since that is now a second plate away.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi kempas

No problem. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie. Many thanks, yes please.

Message 3 of 10

Hi kempas

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit (to the property)

Would you like me to arrange this visit for you? I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yep, occasional crackle still present on line when connected to test socket - still have an open fault logged.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi kempas

Just to confirm is the noise/dropping connection still present if you connect directly at the test socket?

0 Likes

kempas
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Yep, I believe that is normal for the FTTC style socket, I think it was just a way of 'upgrading' an old socket without actually replacing the entire socket.

kempas
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Yep, I know the test socket is behind, I was just surprised since I have a later faceplate plugged in to the earlier plate behind it which then plugs into the test socket.

IMG_20230429_130005.jpegIMG_20230429_125952.jpeg
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @kempas,

Does your master socket look like this :

Skynet_TX_0-1682789423747.png

If so then yes, this type of socket does have an extra section that you have to remove to get to the test socket.