cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connecting to new P.C.

stevePG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I've got an old Fujitsu AMILO Desktop Pi 3635, that I'm trying to re-use after cleaning everything on it and a system recover. How do I connect to wi-fi, I'm using B.T. extender and ethernet cable. It won't connect. Please help.

Steve

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Just a suggestion, You could try using a USB WiFi dongle if the pc has a port available,  they are fairly cheap on ebay 

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Steve,

I don't know to be honest. I think Microsoft stopped providing support for Windows a few years ago, it's probably not getting security updates now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi again Chris, since your chat this a.m. I have done another complete system recovery. It tells me to "install wireless networking hardware & verify that the correct drivers are loaded". It is now re-set to Windows Vista Home Premium. Is it possible to download on another computer to disc and then load onto the Fujitsu one? If so where would I find it. Many thanks in anticipation.                                                  Steve.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK thanks Steve. Does the PC definitely have a wireless card (wireless capable)? Which version of Windows is it running?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for replying. I want to connect to the internet. The P.C. doesn't pick up any nearby routers to show when I try to log on to anything. There isn't a symbol bottom right to indicate for me to click on to show nearby routers. 

Steve.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Steve,

When you say wifi do you mean that you're trying to connect to the router by wifi or are you referring to the Internet connection in general?

Chris

0 Likes