cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Yale alarm and Eero 6

FrustratedUser123
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I'm having issues witth my yale smart alarm and eero 6

After trawling many posts it seems that the security in eero needs to be disabled in order to get the Yale home alarm to work. However there is no option to disable it in the app anymore (June 2023)

How can this be resolved, had a very handy email from Talktalk asking me to post here rather than trying to resolve the issue.

Also, the single ethernet port on the eero 6 is pretty useless for our home now. There was no issues with the previous router, can this just be used instead so we can have our 4 ethernet ports back?

All very frustrating, if talktalk could respond that would be great, as finding their livechat link is all but impossible with loops just sending you back to the beginning of the search..

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi MarkaP 

As you will see from this topic you can disable eero Secure in the eero app to enable a custom DNS. Try the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and the Yale device will connect as confirmed by user reports.

If you still have an issue then start your own topic.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

MarkaP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi. Did you resolve this problem? I'm in the same position.  Cheers

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

You can use a Wi-Fi Hub in place of the eero 6 if you wish. Or connect a 5 port GB network switch to the available GB Ethernet port on the eero.

Eero Secure is now renamed by Amazon as eero Plus. To use a custom DNS to get your Yale system to work does require eero Plus to be switched off and all related blocking features disabled. Via the Discover tab switch off Advanced Security, Ad Blocking, all Content filters, app blocking and website blocking.

You'll then see via the Settings tab that a Custom DNS is available.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

You can use the router if you need more ethernet ports.  You should have an option in the app to contact EERO support for assistance with the security settings.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes