cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection Drops and Slow Speeds

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

For the last few days I have had issues with complete loss of internet connection (router flashing amber) and slow speeds, the speeds i am getting to all devices are almost half of what i usually get / what i am supposed to be getting as per my contract. I used to get 70-75mbps now i am getting 30 and below sometimes as low as 2. I spoke to live chat who sent me a new router to try which I have had set up today but the issues are still the exact same as I was having with the old router.  Any ideas of what my next steps could be?  The wires etc that supply the connection haven’t been touched since before I moved here in 2017 so not sure if there quality is great?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

I'm sorry to hear that and hopefully we'll know more soon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 28

Will do!  Fingers crossed because it’s a lot worse this morning than it had been the previous days and is costing me unpaid time off work 😞 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Yes please. Hopefully it won't take Openreach too long to rectify the fault but we'll keep you updated.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 28

Perfect, thank you Michelle. I look forward to hearing back- should i leave the new router connected for now?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hello again,

Ok, no problem. I've raised this straight over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation as the line test is still detecting a potential copper line fault. We'll check the fault in a few hours to see if we've received an update back.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

Good Morning, Michelle. 

Apologies but I don’t use the landline (never have) so I wouldn’t be able to check unfortunately. It’s currently got no internet connection which is the longest it’s been down. It’s really starting to concern me as i work from home and lose money if I can’t work due to things like internet. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes