cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection Drops and Slow Speeds

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

For the last few days I have had issues with complete loss of internet connection (router flashing amber) and slow speeds, the speeds i am getting to all devices are almost half of what i usually get / what i am supposed to be getting as per my contract. I used to get 70-75mbps now i am getting 30 and below sometimes as low as 2. I spoke to live chat who sent me a new router to try which I have had set up today but the issues are still the exact same as I was having with the old router.  Any ideas of what my next steps could be?  The wires etc that supply the connection haven’t been touched since before I moved here in 2017 so not sure if there quality is great?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

You can probably see on your end but everything appears to be fixed now 🙂 Thanks a lot Debbie and Michelle!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28
0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 28

Fingers crossed! He believes he’s found the issue (outside wire) so he’s just working on that now 🙂

Message 5 of 28

Hi @amiiegee 

Oh great 🙂

Hopefully they will get this fixed for you today.

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 28

The engineer has just arrived at my property to check some things! 🙂

Message 7 of 28

Hi @amiiegee 

Is this fault is easy to locate and fix then I would expect this to be resolved at some point today.

If the fault is linked to a bigger fault or dig work is required etc, then this may take slightly longer to resolve.

We should know more once the engineer has added their notes to the fault ticket.

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 28

No problem. Is there any rough eta on these sorts of things? I don’t want to be a pain but as I explained to Michelle I work from home full time so currently losing income due to the issues. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi @amiiegee 

Thanks for your reply.

Openreach haven't closed the fault ticket so they will still be investigating/working on this fault.

As soon as they update the fault ticket then I will let you know.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 28

Hi. 

I haven’t seen anybody on my end the only communication i’ve had from them was this text message yesterday morning.  

With regards to the connection it was mostly steady throughout the evening but speeds were still half the amount o usually get, but today the connection is offline again 

IMG_6555.png
0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

HI @amiiegee 

Openreach haven't updated the fault ticket as yet. Have Openreach made contact with you this afternoon or have you seen the engineer outside the property?

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 28

Perfect. thank you debbie 🙂 

Message 13 of 28

Hi @amiiegee 

Openreach have updated the fault ticket to say that the fault has been assigned to an engineer today.

I will check on this again later this afternoon.

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 28

Thank you! Just seen this.  Anything since then?:) 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Hi amiiegee

This fault is still with Openreach. I will check this again later today.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 28

No problem, Michelle. Thank you for checking 🙂 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Apologies, no additional updates since my last post. I'll check again first thing in the morning for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 28

Thank you! It’s gone from intermittent to non existent 🥲

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Good afternoon,

It's no bother at all, I understand. I've checked now and the last update we've received is that Openreach have received the fault. No additional updates as yet but I'll check again around 2pm. Apologies.

Michelle

0 Likes

amiiegee
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 28

Hi, just checking if there are any updates? It’s been offline now for some time / a dramatic decline since the previous days. I’m sorry to be a bother but I do rely on the connection 

0 Likes