cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection has slowed down and latency has increased

cherryben
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi all,

I've recently noticed a drop in connection speed of around 18-20mb download and a little upload too. My latency has also increased to anywhere between 25 and 40ms, it's up and down. I know that DLM has applied interleaving to my line due to some recent changes at home meaning the modem had to be unplugged several times. My question really is how long it usually takes for this to be removed so I can return to the speeds I pay for? I'm currently seeing speeds of no more than 42mb download which is a struggle when streaming in a busy household with multiple devices streaming at once. It use to be 60mb+.

Many thanks.

I went outside once. The graphics weren't great.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi cherryben

DLM may still be monitoring and making further changes and may increase the speed further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Morning Debbie! Yes we have seen a little speed increase since Tuesday. It’s still not up to where it was, I’ve tried several speed tests with a single device connected over Ethernet but max out at around 50mb. Latency is sitting around 25-28ms too which still seems high? Hopefully it continues to improve.

Message 3 of 7

Morning cherryben

I can see that DLM has started to increase the speed. The sync speed is now 60mb (was 51.3mb 2 days ago)

How's the connection/speed been over the last few days?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi cherryben

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I will check the speed on Thursday and I will post back on this thread to let you know.

cherryben
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie, thanks for the response. Yes no problem, I don’t plan on unplugging it anymore for now! Shall I come back to this post on Thursday so you can run another test? If needs be I can upload the connection stats from the modem if that helps at all.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi cherryben

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 51.3mb.

There are re connections showing on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

If the connection remains stable (and router is left switched on) then DLM should start to increase the speed again.

Would it be ok to leave the router connected at the test socket for 48hrs? We can then check the connection stats/speed again on Thursday to see if DLM has made any changes.

0 Likes