cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Disconnections since 25th January

Franco_B
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 83 of 83

Hey,

Firstly - I'm having to use the account holders community account to start this thread as you seem to have deleted mine even though I can see my posts.  So I'm not the account holder, just the one who sorts the tech issues in the house.

The setup.

Wifi hub (not black) connected by master socket.  All devices except one on wifi, the other one is wired directly into the router with Cat6 (no power lines used).

The issue.

Random disconnections of the internet. Router reconnects syncing at different speeds.  Prior to thursday I'd sync around 50mbps, now it's between 45mbps and 30mbps after it disconnects

What's been tried.

New filter via test socket.

Engineer visit - swapping master socket filter, faceplate and cable connecting to router

Engineer couldn't see any issues, when testing.  Noted that the line was capable of 55mbps while the router was syncing below 45mbps so requested a new router from you guys.

New router (wifi hub black) arrived, connected.

Issues persist.

The events.

I contacted TT via Twitter DM.  Initially told that there was no line issue and the test were fine.  I was informed it was a WiFi issue.  I replied I have wired devices and it's the router losing connection.  I was again informed it was a WiFi issue.  I again replied that I have Cat6 wired into the router, it's not a WiFi issue.  A different agent asked me to explain the Cat6, so I did.  I was again informed it was a WiFi issue, i again sent the I'm wired, that it's not a WiFi issue, and sent photos of the router logs. They told me that sorting the WiFi issue solve the problem.  I sent more photos and said it wasn't a WiFi issue - then I hear nothing.

I reported more disconnections the next day, the agent (different one) did more line checks and noted there was a fault on the line, they arranged for an engineer.

Engineer came (openreach) and found no issues in the cab or the house. They replaced the integrated microfilter on my master socket, and if i recall correctly, changed the faceplate too as well as supplying a new cable to connect to the router. They noted the speed discrepancy between the router and their equipment and requested a new router.

More disconnections followed that evening/night.

Today, the new router arrived (WiFi hub black), I've installed it and we've had more disconnections.

Currently talking on twitter again, and they're booking an engineer again.

Why am I posting this?

I've had to restart the conversation on twitter multiple times, I don't know if the agents don't have access to the full conversation or what, but I've been asked the same questions a fair few times.  I started this in the hope that I may get help here.

I'm also being informed that if the engineer comes and finds no faults we'll be charged £75.  Considering Openreach has come and found no faults in the home or the cab, this feel like I'm being put in a position where I'll be charged and not have the issue resolved. Presumably the bill payer has been charged for the Openreach visit.

Many thanks

Rob_B

Edit: Engineer booked, no clue as to if we're being charged or not to be honest.  I'd hope not considering the home/cab has already been cleared by openreach. 

0 Likes
82 REPLIES 82

Message 81 of 83

Hi Franco,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing but I can see that there were a lot of reconnections yesterday. Looks to have been OK so far today, how is it at the moment at your end?

The DNS errors often just mean that there's no internet connection

Chris

0 Likes

Franco_B
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 82 of 83

Router LogsRouter Logs

Here's a sample of the router logs that I assume show the disconnections (VDSL connectivity is down).  Not sure what the DNS error is, i don't recall seeing that on the WiFi hub.

0 Likes