cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Disconnects and speed drops

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi, for the last couple of weeks my line has been randomly dropping again, it seems to do this every couple of years. I've placed all the wires and filters with new ones today and it is still happening.

It first fired up at pretty much full speed (78/20mb) then dropped again a few seconds later.

Since I've installed a new lot of wires and such I guess someone will have to have a look, I did a line test last friday and it said there was a problem between the network and my house, but wanted to try myself first, but it hasn't got me anywhere.

Thanks.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

That's great news Mike, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 20

Hi, just reporting back

The engineer has just left, fixed the problem now back to a solid 80/20 line

The box that leads from the cabinet then feeds the house was installed incorrectly and water had gradually been building up and not exiting through the drip holes at the bottom and had corroded the connectors (they were jet black and rusty) he installed a new box and done it properly, also removed a set of wires which were just rammed in to the box and wasn't even connected to anything. Said it should last a good while now.

So thanks for the help in getting in sorted, all done now 🙂

Message 3 of 20

We always put a note on the ticket asking that the engineer calls the customer 30 minutes before the visit but unfortunately we can't guarantee the the engineer will do this.

Chris

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Hi, does the Engineer ring when he's on his way because new people trying to find the address struggle sometimes and it has a name not a number, and also I don't want to miss them.

Thanks

Mike.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Mike,

I've booked the engineer for -  July 17 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

OK thanks Mike, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

Any day and time next week will be fine.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Thanks for answering the security questions. Could you just let me know when you are available for the engineer visit and I'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 20

Yes i do, ive sent you a PM with my mobile

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

OK, if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Hi, I would like an Engineer visit please

thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Mike,

The router would be to test with, you would need to return it when testing is complete (or keep it and return the old router if it seems to be faulty). So we can send the router to test with or book an engineer if you are happy that the router isn't faulty. Please let me know how you would like to proceed 

Chris

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

There's clearly something wrong with the line and would prefer someone to come and look at it instead of going back and forth, this happens every 2 or 3 years, it mainly started after we had some bad weather a couple of weeks ago so the line probably got damaged, it was quite the storm that day.

You can send a router if you can, always handy to have a spare just in case!

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi Mike,

Would you like us to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

I don't have a phone, not used one in years

I did have a spare router but no idea where it is had a look for it yesterday, it may not of worked and probably threw it away.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I've re-run the line test again which has detected a potential voice fault, however the voice line test is clear. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Have you also recently tested with a different router as the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

0 Likes

MikeC78
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hi, thanks for getting back.

I have connected it.

thanks, Mike

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router directly at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again in this set up please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20
  1. Hi @MikeC78 your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow but, what kind of wires, and where are they installed in relation to the router? 
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes