cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero pro 6 won’t register

Rossknap
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi all. I brought an Eero 6 pro from eBay to add to my 6 pro and 2 6’s. It will be going into a summer house in the garden. However when I go to the app to add it I get a message ‘check to see if your eero and modem or fibre ONT are connected properly. Then try again’. I then try again and it says registering, but never does! I’ve tried via wi-fi and also plugging it into the Pro 6 Ethernet that is the gateway. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Rossknap

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

All sorted. I just contacted Talk Talk, gave them the serial number and they registered it to me. Walked me through the process after. 
thank you 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi Rossknap,

As advised, the eero may be locked to the person's account who you bought it from

Chris

Message 4 of 7

A reply from staff to a similar issue in an old thread, @Rossknap:

"These would be blocked as the serial will be linked to a previous account and will have been deactivated.  If you want to purchase one that would work, I would advise purchasing one from the online TalkTalk store as these will not be locked to an account."

So they are not just locked to the previous provider but the serial number of the Eero is associated with the original customer's account, @Rossknap.

This is partly to help with the original user's quality of service but it blocks other users. Basically never buy any router from Ebay.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi, yes I am a Talk Talk customer and have asked which ISP the guy from eBay was with. So I’m guessing if he as with EE for example the Eero 6 Pro is useless to me? Is there a way to reconfigure it? Thanks 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer? The eero devices supplied by TalkTalk are locked down to the first circuit they are registered to on the TalkTalk network. So if you got one from eBay and it doesn't work then you should contact them/the seller to ask for your money back. 

0 Likes