cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero pro 6

Maria-C1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Can someone please help me to figure out why my Facebook messenger will not send messages to anyone in my home who are on the same network as me?! Also I can’t log into Facebook when connected to my WiFi but if I turn on mobile data I can log in straight away. I have deleted and reinstalled the messenger app , this seemed to work but not even 24 hours later it’s happened again!!  It’s to do with this network or the eero, the messenger problem  started to happen after the eero updated but for some reason I’ve never been able to log into Facebook when connected to this WiFi  but can log in via mobile data!  Please help! I’ve tried all the usual steps of rebooting etc turned security off on the eero app tried all the basics to no avail! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Glad to help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thank you so much for your response! You have been so helpful! 

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Maria,

I can see that Keith has offered some help, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

This sounds like NAT loopback to me. This is where any communication from a device connected to the local router that goes out to the internet and then tries to go back into the local network is blocked by the rout. TalkTalk considers this to be a security vulnerability. I can't be certain if this applies to an Eero or not, as I have never used one, but it does on all other TalkTalk routers.

The way around this normally is to use the destination IP address of the other device that is locally connected to the router (e.g. its 192.168.1.x address) rather than the router's WAN or public IP address.

I have no idea how Facebook Messenger works in this respect. You will probably need to speak to their technical support about this unless you can create "local" contacts for these people.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes