cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero router-problem getting my devices to connect

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

Good evening, I think I have made a mistake with getting the new eero router. I am getting big problems not being able to get a number of my home devices to connect to the WiFi. I have tried to use the legacy mode and turning off 5ghz.. This is a nightmare. I have an old laptop 15 years plus that connected no problem. I think I need to go back to the old talktalk router. Will talktalk supply me with that?.. I also wish to make it clear that talktalk should highlight this when people are going to purchase the new eero router.. Very  unhappy customer.

Many thanks

S.ashford

49 REPLIES 49

Message 21 of 50

Hi Keith. I am not able to get it to connect to the route of our Wi-Fi. What I have been trying to achieve is to connect a mesh Wi-Fi extender and then connect a wired ethernet cable. But I am not even able to get the mesh Wi-Fi extender to connect to the erro. I never had any problems with my connections in my whole house before I changed to the erro router. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 50

Will it connect to the Eero without the extender being used at all?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 50

1000006527.jpg

1000006526.jpg

1000006525.jpg

  

1000006528.jpg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 50

I would turn the extender off as a trial, because as I said that is not really the way to extend a mesh network, you should use a second Eero. Let's see what TalkTalk say on Monday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 50

1000006524.png

0 Likes

Message 26 of 50

No. I still cannot the two devices to connect that I originally spoke about, yes it looks like that. I am on the correct channels now for my Wi-Fi but I am still having problems connecting to the arrow router via my Wi-Fi

0 Likes

Message 27 of 50

Hi Musicmadsash,

Can you please retest and let me know if it's now working 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 50

Apologies for the delay, it's still with our Product Team, I'll let you know as soon as I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 50

Please can I have an update on when my issues is going to get sorted..

0 Likes

Message 30 of 50

Thanks, I've passed on these details to our Product Team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 50

All added Debbie..

0 Likes

Message 32 of 50

You can put them in the private notes section -  community profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 50

I cant fine ware I need to but my account number and fttp order..debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 50

Hi Musicmadsash

Please can you add your FTTP order number and account number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 50

The problem is that the Eero is using channel 155 in the 5GHz band and very few devices are compatible with this channel. There have now been quite a number of Eero's doing this, it is a known bug, but there is a fix for it. I will pass this back to the TalkTalk staff on this forum so that they can arrange to get this sorted for you.

Keith

Message 36 of 50

Hi Keith.

Screenshots attached.. my network is Oberon.

Screenshot_20231212-221047.pngScreenshot_20231212-220403.pngScreenshot_20231212-220346.pngScreenshot_20231212-220454.pngScreenshot_20231212-220509.pngScreenshot_20231212-215137.pngScreenshot_20231212-220326.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 50

Ah sorry, in that case, I sent you the wrong one. I am dealing with quite a few cases today. I'll PM it to you now.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 38 of 50

Thats what you have set me. All about wireshark.. what am I ment to be doing here.. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 50

Hi @Musicmadsash 

I am confused, did I mention Wireshark (I use it a lot), it has all been about WiFi interference from what I can see, or are you trying to investigate something else?

Keith

0 Likes

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 50

Thanks for this Keith. So I just have to install wire shark and run it on my pc. Is that correct..

0 Likes