cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero router won't connect to internet

Hello247
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 56

Hi all, I had full fibre fitted on monday and given an eero router. None of our devices can connect to it. I'm desperate to get the internet back as my son has autism and need it for communication. Any ideas?

ABerry
0 Likes
55 REPLIES 55

Message 1 of 56

No problem. It has been raised again as a welfare case so will be treated as a priority. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 56

Thanks Chris. I can't stay in any later than 1pm today. My boy has appointments to attend. Can you pass that on to faults please and maybe someone could ask openreach to make me a welfare priority and to keep their promise this morning.

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 3 of 56

I'm really sorry about this, I can see that another engineer visit has been booked for this morning and appears to be going ahead. The notes on the fault ticket say  that the previous engineer visits didn't go ahead because Openreach has assigned them to one of their sub contractors, but it doesn't give any further information why the subcontractor didn't attend

I've also raised a complaint on your behalf

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 56

I have been following this thread and totally understand your disappointment and upset. TalkTalk, like any other ISP, are always in thrall to the network supplier, but you are nevertheless quite right to complain. I do hope you get this resolved soon. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 56

So yet another no show from open reach. This is the 3rd appointment they have failed to attend. I've mow just received a message from them saying they have updated my appointment and coming tomorrow 8am-1pm. Come on this is a joke now. Its supposed to be a welfare high priority job...my son cannot stay in the entire week waiting around for this and not even having the decency to be notified they will not ne attending. Quite frankly, this is discusting and I'm now contacting head office/CEO about this. Its not fair to put my autistic son through all of this. It is really upsetting him. I want it sorted tomorrow please!!!!

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 6 of 56

Chris, can you contact the faults dept to say that no engineer has turned up all day. Faults dept said they would call at 5pm to check if they haven't arrived they would chase them up on the phone before time runs out at 6pm. Haven't received a call...

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 7 of 56

No problem, I'll let you know when the faults escalation team get back to me

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 56

Thanks Chris. Weird not turning up for 2 appointments. I wonder if they have my address wrong or something..

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 9 of 56

Sorry about this, I'll check with our Faults escalation team, find out what is going on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 56

I litterally cannot believe this. I've sat in all day and openreach haven't turned up or notified me to say they are not coming. This is unacceptable now

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 11 of 56

Hi Hello247,

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, you should be entitled to auto compensation - About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 56

@Hello247

Did you see my previous reply with the link re automatic compensation. It does take c 30 days to show, but engineers missing appointments is one of the categories that qualifies. 

Post a new thread in the billing section in c. a month if nothing shows by then.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 56

Thank you for apologising but I do feel that I should be compensated by talk talk for all the distress and being let down over and over again. The stress and the effect it has had on my son has been very detrimental to his mental health and mine. 

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 14 of 56

OK thanks, I'm sorry that they didn't show up yesterday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 56

Apparently I will be having an engineer visit me today between 1pm and 6pm. Hopefully they will turn up today.

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 16 of 56

Hi Hello247,

Have you heard anything since your post yesterday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 56

Talktalk will owe you compensation if there was no effort made to notify you, @Hello247:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 56

I was supposed to have had an engineer come to my home today to finally sort this out under a welfare appointment. I've been home all day and no one has come and not even notified that they won't be attending. Been let down again. 

ABerry
0 Likes

Message 19 of 56

OK thanks, I'll chase it up again, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 56

No. Nobody has contacted me at all. 

ABerry
0 Likes