cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Erratic speed

ItiCIaGU
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Just after midnight on Friday morning, my connection went down briefly and ever since my connection has been very erratic.

Normally I enjoy speeds of 150-160 Mbps, low single digit ms ping and jitter - generally a very robust g.fast connection over the last few years. Right now it's all the place, from 75-110 Mbps, double digit ms ping, even greater jitter and subjectively feels sluggish.

Have tried wired and wireless, powered off for 30 mins, but still the same.

Line rate seems fine: 160 Mbps down, 30 Mbps up; and SNR margin 24 dB down, 19.5 dB up. No apparent noise on the phone line.

Seems like the problem is away from me, perhaps the cabinet or further?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know if this does re-occur or if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Michelle, I had tried to no avail, but never mind - whatever the issue was, it appears I have a healthy connection once again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks very consistent. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speeds again?

Thanks

0 Likes

UITACOOM
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

WOW! 150+. I have a very erratic connection also. On the best of days it can be 65 mps on the worse, no connection at all or at most frustrating, intermittent! You think you're getting somewhere and reinstalling all devices to then find them disconnected....again!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Report this directly to Talktalk, @ItiCIaGU.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff will not be back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.