cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Extremely poor Wi-Fi throughout the house

pyrolizzie
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

I have a Sagemcom-FAST5364 router but have noticed over the last few months that everything connected via Wi-Fi is frequently dropping out.  This includes a SKY Q mini box & a Samsung tablet & Samsung mobile phone.

Can you provide a more upto date router free of charge that might solve my issues.  Really depend on the Wifi for the phones & Sky mini box for my husband who is bedbound & watches SKY via a minibox whilst in bed but as it keeps dropping the signal, it is getting more & more impossible for him to watch things that have been recorded for him.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Lizzie
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

pyrolizzie
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 28

Thanks Buzby. 

Lizzie
0 Likes

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 28

No, not needed, unless like me you don't trust having any password pre-defined !.

This router user/password just gets you into the router.

Once you are in, the WiFi name and password can be changed to match your existing devices.

Click on 'See WiFi settings' to get to the WiFi screen, then 'Change network name' and 'Change WiFi password'.

pyrolizzie
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 28

Do I need to change the "admin" password to that of the old router  before I change the Wi-Fi username & password?

Lizzie
0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi

Has the new router arrived ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi

You can swap the router over quite easily.  If you make a note of your current Wi-Fi name and password, when the new router is connected, you can log into this, and change the Wi-Fi name / password to be your current one.  That way you don't have to update your individual devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

Thanks, that was quick.  I will look out for the new router & try & set it up as soon as I get it.  Am a bit rusty with tech but hopefully I can swap one for the other quite easily.

Lizzie
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi @pyrolizzie 

I've had a quick look at your line to make sure everything looks ok, and all tests are clear with no errors.

You've had the current router for 5 years now, so it could be failing, so I've a new router on the way to you, to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes