cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

FAST 5364 firmware SG4K100174 release date

CIC01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when firmware version SG4K100174 was released for the FAST 5364 router?

The reason I am asking is that my BT Mesh WiFi stopped working with that router around the 16/06/2023, and I was wondering if that coincided with the new firmware release. All that TalkTalk support could tell me was that my router has the latest firmware but not when I received it.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

I'm glad to hear that and thanks for letting us know.

Thanks

0 Likes

CIC01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

Hi,

All good at the moment. I added my first disk(mesh node) this morning without any issues, after that I added three more disks(mesh nodes) again without problems. Devices attached to the mesh are working well with no drop outs noticed so far.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

No Problem 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

CIC01
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle,

It looks like I now have different firmware SG4K100136, so I'm guessing from this number it has been rolled back. I'll try adding the mesh again either tomorrow or at the weekend and report back.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hello,

How are you getting on? Is this now working again for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Our team are in the process of changing the router firmware to resolve this particular issue. This should be completed in the next 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I will feed this back to our devices team now. I will keep you posted as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Michelle,

I can confirm that I have the Premium system.

I also have bit of an update, I took one of the premium disks to another property and I was able to configure the disc with it connected it to their router (a tp-link) first time with no issues, i.e. disc could be seen and managed in the App on my phone, phone obtained and held an IP address for the 7 hours or so I was there. When I brought the disc home and connected it back to the 5364 I had the same issues again, app couldn't see the disc, phone wouldn't hold an ip address when connected via the mesh wifi.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 18

Morning,

The devices team have asked if you can confirm which mesh system you have please. Is it the premium, standard or mini?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Hello,

Just to advise, I've raised this to our Devices Team and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 11 of 18

@JeffJ1, just follow up on your own thread. The OP here hasn't signed in for more than a week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

JeffJ1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Hi

Did you manage to resolve this?

As I have the same problem with my BT whole home disc and fast 5364: see 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/BTWhole-home-mesh-not-working-after-update-to-firmware...

Having spent several hours with BT first and second line support, it appears to be a common problem which appears after the fast 5364 is updated to the latest firmware. Which results in btwhole.home name being unable to be resolved on LAN.

The web management, phone app and discs themselves all use this name(btwhole.home) to manage and control the mesh. Hence, if it can’t resolve it, things aren’t going to work.

I’m sure BT will blame TalkTalk and visa versa. But, if I plug my discs into other peoples routers/ISP they work perfectly. I have also plugged them into another talktalk friends router which isn’t a fast 5364 and they work.

Funny how things stopped working the morning after my firmware upgrade!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 18

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

By disc, do you mean a node of your mesh network?

I assume that the 5364 is connected to the incoming fibre and connects to a WAN port of the first node? Is the 5364 on a different IP network to the mesh then?

Buying more nodes is not really a good idea, any reception problems need investigating first, as extra nodes could be making the situation worse.

If you log into the 5364, do you see the first mesh node connected to it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

The 5364 is connected to the primary disc using ethernet cable (I have tried different cables and ports on the router)

I cant really say what the mesh says the issue is but I'll try to explain.

The 5364 was first connected to a mesh comprising of three discs back in Feb 2021 and has worked until recently with very few issues (just an occasional reboot). I added a second set of 3 disks in Dec 2022, again no real issues until a couple of weeks ago when some devices were connected to the mesh but others would not, ok, so I'll reboot the mesh to see if that sorts it out - bad move, after the reboot nothing worked properly, e.g. disks  and devices dropping connections. So then I thought I'll bite the bullet and do a hardware reset on the primary mesh disk, another bad move, after that my phone would not obtain a DCHP ip-address from the 5364 when connected to the mesh wifi, I needed to be able to do this as the configuration of the mesh after a reset needs to be done via the app on the phone. After speaking to TalkTalk support my phone and other devices would connect to the mesh via wifi but only for a couple of seconds before dropping the connection, not long enough for the app to connect to the mesh to configure the first disk. Hence I can't say what the mesh says the problem is as I can't get to its console via the app or via a web browser as that says 'This site can’t be reached'. One of the other tings I have tried is using a disk from the 2nd set disks I bought in Dec 2022 wiring it to the 5364 and performing a hardware reset to configure this as the primary mesh disc, same problems with this disc as the original. So two discs from different sets have the same issue  after 18 months of working fine.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

I doubt if this is firmware related. Please can you confirm how your 5364 is connected to your Mesh network & what the mesh says is the issue?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

There isn't a release date as such. So many routers are involved that TalkTalk push out updates out on a rolling basis. 

0 Likes