cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65

andycp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Why does my fibre spend 90% of the time at below 10 mbps. Repeatedly tried for answers. Could it be the huwei router they said I don't need to change?

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Andy

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , since the new router things are looking much better.

Thanks for your help.

Andycp

Screenshot_20230227-201436~2.png

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi andycp

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

I will check in with you next week to see how the connection has been.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk and @KeithFrench  I have had my new router in for a few hours, yes there are a few dips down to 10 mbps but generally pushing 75mbps. I will let it settle in , again thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 11

Hi andycp

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 11

Yep fibre 65 is good tonight

Screenshot_20230218-232941.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

If Ethernet is bad, then WiFi interference is not the issue, it must be the router. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 9 of 11

Hi Keith, it says I get 75mpbs to the router, but wifi or Ethernet they can both be really poor even down to 2 mbps. I have changed channels on router at one point switched off the 2.4frequency which gave a little improvement. It is equally poor Ethernet or wifi. I have a wifi analyzer which shows real dominance by sky routers.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

How is your package delivered FTTC and copper to the house or Future Fibre to the house & an ONT box? As you mention that you have a Huwaei router, I assume it is the former. 

If you log into the router, what internet speeds is it reporting (see the initial dashboard area)?

How do you connect to the router, wireless devices only or are some wired (Ethernet)? If a mixture how do the wired ones compare to the wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes