cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 900 slow wifi speed

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

I've just upgraded from fibre 500 to 900. With the 500 I was getting approx 500 download and 500 upload with either ethernet or WiFi. 

Now on the 900 I'm getting 940 download with ethernet but only 500-600 on WiFi (upload is only 109 with either connection). I'm using the same eero pro 6 router and have tried various devices s23 ultra, apple 14 Pro, etc on both 2.4 and 5ghz and all get around 500-600. I've tried power cycling all components and it makes no difference. Any ideas?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Owleyking,

The main point of fibre 900 isn't really that you get download speeds of 900Mbps on one device, it's that there's enough bandwidth to use multiple devices at the same time within a household, without any performance issues. 

Chris

Message 2 of 17

It depends I suppose. If you have a need for superfast downloads of files on ethernet, then maybe. Otherwise, maybe not. 

Message 3 of 17

Nothing, just slower. But that's not the point. If I was paying for 500mbps before and getting around 500 then what's the point of paying extra for 900mbps and only getting a fraction over the 500 you were getting before

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

What is it you are unable to do on your wireless devices at those speeds?

0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 17

Not noticed any performance issues yet but I don't understand how by nearly doubling the fibre speed to the hub/router, the wifi speed has barely changed on equipment that should easily be able to handle it, otherwise what's the point of having it

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

OK thanks for trying. I'm not sure what we can do about this to be honest, wireless speeds can fluctuate. Are you experiencing any performance issues? Problems streaming, buffering?

Chris

0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Chris, I tried the suggestions (most I'd already tried) and although it did peak briefly at 782mbps, it soon returned to sub 600. The PC that's connected to the eero via ethernet and gets 940, I tried it on WiFi and that only gets about 350mbps and it's about 2 feet away

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17
0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Thanks Chris, I'll have a look and try later 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

OK thanks. Could you take a look at the following help article and try the suggestions - Slow speeds on your eero network - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Hi Chris, No, I can be 6 feet away or touching it, I still only get between 5 & 6 hundred mbps

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

OK thanks, I've found your account. Everything looks OK, speed tests from the eero are all showing around 940Mbps down and 108Mbps up. Does it make any difference to the speed if you are close to the gateway eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Hi Chris.   I've put my account number in the phone number section 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Thanks but I'm having trouble finding your account. Could you also please add your TalkTalk account number or address to the private notes section of your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Owleyking
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Done 👍 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Owleyking,

Can you please add your TalkTalk home phone number or account number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes