cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre35 Slow upload speed.

colinhastings
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

I have Fibre35 with a sagemcom router. I normally have a download speed of up to 20mps but my upload speed is only about 0.7mps, I understand I should be getting an upload speed of up to 10mps.

I have reset the router by turning it off for 10 secs, I have checked the master socket (NTE5CMK4), I have checked for line noise, unplugged all other devices including the landline phone, I have only  one phone socket in the house, and switched off the router for 30 minutes. 

There is only one double power socket one for the router and the second for the TV Powerline adaptor.

Thoughts, please, or action from TalkTalk.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for letting us know and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi

Download speed is fine, around 18-20 with fluctuations either way.  The upload speed has improved rom the 0.7 and now varies between 0.9 and 1.3 but I was told by Openreach to expect ups and downs for a couple of weeks. I am keeping a regular eye on it using Ookla, which is the checker used by Openreach.

Thanks for keeping in touch

Colin

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

How have the speeds been over the last few days?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂 We'll check back in with you next week to make sure that the speeds have remained consistent.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Thanks for your update. Pleased to say that the Openreach engineer came this morning and checked the line; no line fault found but upload was a steady 0.8. He believes the exchange computer did not reset after a fault was rectified and was maintaining an optimum speed. He has reset the computer, upload at present 1.8  which is around the maximum I can expect,  and hopes that will solve my problem. He has told me I can expect drop outs and fluctuations over the next two weeks while the exchange computer settles down.

Many thanks for your and Chris's help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Good morning,

I've checked for an update on the fault and there are no additional updates as yet, the fault is still being investigated by Openreach at the moment. We'll check again for an update first thing in the morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Many thanks for your help. Be interesting to see what Openreach find!

Colin

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

The upstream speeds are a bit outside the predicted range for your line but Openreach don't guarantee upstream speeds. Having said that the line test is now failing and picking up a potential problem so I've passed it to Openreach for investigation.

Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi

I tried the test line for about 60 hours; the upload speed has since varied from 0.7 to about 1.2. The TalkTalk speed checker always shows 0.7 - I think it's stuck! -  so I have been using Which? and Avast speed checkers. The upload speed is still not brilliant, but at least there are times when it's a bit faster. Should I be expecting better?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18
0 Likes

colinhastings
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Thanks, will follow up

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Colin,

You would be able to connect a landline telephone to micro-filter, as well as the router

Chris

0 Likes

colinhastings
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

I no longer have any mirofilters, they've been returned to Taltalk or recycled. I'll be unable to get one before the weekend and then I will try your suggestion. I presume that we will be unable to connect our landline in that period.

In the meantime if there is anything else I can try, please let me know.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion, the router would need to be connected to the test socket via a microfilter.

Thanks

0 Likes

colinhastings
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi Michelle, I hadn't tried to plug the router directly into the test socket. I have just tried but it seems too small to fit the test socket and make a connection.  

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, how long has the router been connected to the test socket (behind the faceplate) for as it can take DLM between 24-48hrs to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

0 Likes