cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Possible poorly Sagecom 5364?

aolmum
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Good morning. Hope one of the team can assist.

As title suggests, I think my Sagecom is either feeling its age or didn't like the latest firmware update to SG4K100174, as it has been out of sorts since mid June:

Have been having recurring problems, mainly with throughput not being what it should be.

The sync speed on Sagem is generally fine at c22Mbps (yes, I know, not brilliant but then we are rural and FTTC), but throughput has been struggling to get between 15-17Mbps, when it is more usually c20 Mbps, and has quite often dropped to below 5Mbps.

Problems with throughput again this morning. Only three devices connected at time, one on 2.4 ghz and two on 5ghz.

No recent changes to device set-up, location or nearby surroundings.

Ping rate between c20 and 26, so no obvious  issue there.

Signal strength very good.

Reset the Sagecom, no improvement.

Changed channels for both 2.4 ghz and 5ghz, but no improvement.

Do you think testing a replacement Sagecom 5364 might help and/or is there any newer firmware to test? Or, other suggestions?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

Glad to hear that sync and throughput have remained at a consistent level.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Pleased to say that sync rate, which was actually good and throughput (at the improved and historically more usual level of c20 Mbps), have now remained stable over the weekend, despite replacement router firmare having updated.

Hopefully this continues.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Tried a few browsers, none worked.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Good morning,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know how you get on. If the throughput speeds are still varying over the next 24hrs then we can ask our Devices Team if they are aware of any known issues. Does the throughput improve if you try a 30 minute router power down?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Thanks for asking re the speed test on My Connection. I have tried Silk to check as on an Amazon device at moment (previous attempts were via an Opera browser), and not working on it either. Can try another couple of browsers later and report back.

Meantime.....arghhhh....deep breath.....back to the Sagecom issue:

Have woken this morning to a drop in throughput, followed a few minutes ago by the Sagecom restarting itself (we are rural so do have occasional times that power is lost, but not this morning otherwise our kitchen clock would be flashing and it isn't). My immediate thought was to check if anything different with the Sagecom  today and yes, it looks like Firmware SG4K100174 has been pushed to it either last night or this morning. Coincidence or......?

This firmware is when problems seemed to start on the old router. Will monitor situation today, but can confirm Firmware SG4K100136 was still there yesterday and  throughput was still strong throughout yesterday, as I checked it periodically. It was even a bit above 20 Mbps at times.

Why should it seem that the new firmware is having such an effect?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi aolmum

Just to confirm, does this page load/work if you try a different browser?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Great, thanks. One thing to note is that the replacement router is on Firmware version SG4K100136, whereas my original router had already updated to latest version (which, by coincidence or otherwise, is when the problems became noticeable).

Meantime, any chance the 'run a speed test' link page on My Connection can be fixed? It has been 'broken' for a while now (albeit oddly, if you go the indirect route it works, which is how I managed one for message 4 of this thread):

Screenshot_20230809-083820~2.png
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi aolmum

Thanks for your reply.

We will check again with you on Monday to see how the connection has been. We can also send you a returns bag for your old router if the connection has remained stable.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 9 of 15

It arrived yesterday, thanks, and I have only just had a chance to set it up this evening.

Will run it for a few days to see how things go. First checks look promising, though, as initial speedtest has shown an increase in throughput to nearer 20Mbps (had tested old router again earlier this evening and throughput was still varying a lot).

There was no returns bag in box, so if this router does solve the issues, I will need one to return the old router.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi

replacement router on the way to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 15

Ok, factory re-set done, but unfortunately no improvement:

After factory reset.After factory reset.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've also run a test on the line now to make sure this is not detecting any possible faults and this has come back clear. If the factory reset doesn't help then we can send the replacement router straight away.

Thanks

0 Likes

aolmum
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for replying.

Have done a few 30 minute power downs over past 6 weeks, but still to try a factory re-set so have already planned same for this evening.

Line tests via My Connection have returned various results over past 6 weeks, from, more than once, "we suspect a fault" (which then each time reported back as 'none found'), to 'healthy connection'. 

Will report back in morning.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this and we can look into this for you. This is currently the latest version of firmware. Can I just confirm, have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting it back up again to see how this compares? If there is no change then we can send a replacement router and a router returns bag to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes