cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

G.Fast speeds way below minimum

ultim8um
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 46

Haven't really spotted it until now but our download speed has plummeted. Over the last few weeks I thought the speed I was downloading files at seemed a bit rubbish but as everything worked I didn't think too much of it. We came back off holiday last week and it was awful (rebooted everythingg as it was so bad, no change). I suspect there is a connection issue on the copper line outside my home as nothing has changed here and the speed has clearly been degrading over weeks or months (maybe water ingress to a junction box?). 

A couple of automatic faults have been logged (REP-13270618 is the current one) but as I am unsure if this will resolve anything, I am logging it here too. Minimum guaranteed speed on our line is 102MB and today a line test came back at 12Mb 😞 Happy to do some tests if needed but as I said previously, I strongly suspect Openreaches copper (especially as the installation engineer told me the cables in the ducts are in a right state!).

Chris Smith
0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 41 of 46

OK thanks. Is the modem currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

ultim8um
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 42 of 46

@Chris-TalkTalk hard to say really as we never use it! I have just rung my own mobile from it and apart from a little crackle at the dial tone, it seemed OK... 

Chris Smith
0 Likes

Message 43 of 46

OK, thanks for trying. Are you experiencing any problems with you telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

ultim8um
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 46

@Chris-TalkTalk Turned off for circa 35 minutes but it doesn't appear to have made a difference, speed seems to be dropping further (6.99Mbps from the router).

Chris Smith
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 45 of 46

Hi ultim8um,

I'm sorry to hear that your speed has dropped. Can you switch your modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes