cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Help: Fibre 65 faulty and TALKTALK refuses to investigate further

ljoh256
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello Guys,

I need advice how to proceed as I have reached a deadlock with TALKTALK customer support. Here my story. I am new TALKTALK customer after recently moving back to UK from abroad. I moved into rented property on March 1st (2023), opted for TALKTALK Fibre 65 and was told that the line would be live on March 30. The hub arrived days before the big date and on the date I followed the instructions for setting up the hub but ... no internet, the hub is not synchronizing with the network (flashing amber on FAST 5364). Today 17 days later the issue is still not solved. Off switching/on switching/factory resetting nothing helps. I have spent hours with TALKTALK phone and chat support. An engineer visit on April 7 confirmed that the setup of hub and master socket in the house is correct, that the hub itself is not faulty (he tested with a replacement hub, which showed the same problems) and he surmised that the problem must lie outside the house between the relay box (whatever it is called where the wire from the telephone pole is connected the house and from where a wire runs to the master socket) and the telephone poles or the exchange. Days later on April 12, I received the text message that the problem is fixed. NO, nothing is fixed here, still the no sync error!!! TALKTALK has closed the case, happily debited my account. Yesterday a TALKTALK complaints manager missed the appointment, did not ring me at all as scheduled by TALKTALK. In the meantime I have to pay extra for additional data to my mobile phone provider so that I have some internet at home. What can I do? TALKTALK is effing me over because of their refusal to investigate further, say line test are all fine. If I access the hub as admin of course the hub states that no internet connection is present. Any advice from anybody?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi ljoh256

Our Network Team are attempting to contact you in regards to this fault. They said they will try and contact you again tomorrow between 12 and 2pm.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi ljoh256

I'm just looking into this further and I will post back as soon as I have additional information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?