cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent connection

tobyisaacs
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hello,

I’ve had an intermittent connection for the past week or so, with drop outs ranging from a few minutes to several hours. 

In the router logs I can see the error message ‘The WAN DHCP client process has failed on Vlan 36’. 

I’ve spent several hours on chats with the support team, but haven’t had any luck. 

What are the next step to getting this solved?

Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Tara,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

I don't know who to contact regarding this issue, so I thought why not here someone may be able to advice me with any information that would be helpful 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

@Tara78 

Not sure why you have posted here, please start your own topic if you want help. 

0 Likes

Tara78
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 24

I've moved from my old address to my new address and I don't have a nte five connection and I've been told my internet should go live on the 26th march, I will need an engineer to come out and fix the issue 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi tobyisaacs

I'm glad to hear that the connection has remained stable. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Thanks for checking in. 

The connection’s been stable over the past few days, but like I mentioned, it was before I swapped the router. That said, we haven’t had any issues - I’ll post in this thread if we do again in the near term. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 24

Hi toby,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi tobyisaacs

Thanks for your reply.

Nothing has changed only the router we sent have out.

Please let us know how the connection is with the new router connected.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Yes it’s arrived, I’ll swap them over & see how I get on. 

Strangely  the connection seems to have been more stable over the past couple of days. Has anything changed on your end?

Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24
0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi tobyisaacs

Thank you. Please let us know once you have have received and connected the new router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Sure, sounds good. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

OK, I would wait to see if the new router resolves the problem. If it doesn't then we'll probably need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

We don’t use the phone (or have one in the house), so afraid I’m not sure. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Yes, just the one that I’m aware of. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi tobyisaacs,

OK thanks, is this the only telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

I’m not sure, but it’s a NTE 5C MK 4 if that helps. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Thanks for your help!

The connection did come back up yesterday evening. 

We haven’t changed anything since the engineer set it up or added additional equipment. I think the connection is dropping on the modem, not the router, but I’m not certain. Yesterday when the connection was down, the light on the router was solid  white and the modem only had the WAN and power lights - the others were off, which is why I think it might be the modem. 

After taking to your colleague on live chat, they’ve arranged for a new router to be sent. I could be mistaken, but I’ll be surprised if this works as I can always log into the admin page and the menus work correctly. 

0 Likes