cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Light on router very dull

pottzy
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

The connected light on front of router hardly noticeable,  but the orange light when connecting very bright.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi pottzy

Thanks for letting us know you've received the router 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for that information will post next week.

Pottzy

Message 3 of 14

Talktalk much prefers you to send the old router back, @pottzy.

Make sure that you get a certificate of posting so that you can track its return. 

This will help avoid any misunderstandings. The returns department is sometimes a little trigger happy, and send out the £50 demand simply because they have not competently processed the return. 

It's helpful to hang onto the proof.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie

Router arrived Friday thank you.

Router connected Saturday no problems connected light very bright.

I will  keep a check on new Router for a few days and then recycle old one.

Can I recycle locally or must I use the enclosed returns bag.

Thanks again

Pottzy

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi pottzy

No problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

pottzy
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi Debbie

I would  appreciate a replacement router.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 14

Hi pottzy

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

pottzy
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Powered down 16:25 powered up 17:00.

While connecting red/orange flashing light very bright when connected green/white light barely visible.

Status

Connected

Current speeds

Download

55.8 Mbps

Upload

10.4 Mbps

Current Connection time

Online for 00:00:05 day(s)

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi,

No Problem 🙂

Let me know and we can check the speed for you.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pottzy
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Busy using Internet at the moment will power down later this evening and check back tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

Not seeing any dropped sessions and line tests are clear. Sync is at 53mb currently, only slightly down on previous sync rate, and profiles are set correctly.

Can you try powering off the router for 30 minutes to start a new session, then I can check the sync speed again and see if it increases.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pottzy
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Last week the router was disconnecting and connecting approximately every 5 minutes this went on for a few hours and then everything OK  connection speed at router slightly down.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

Besides the light, does the router work correctly, no issues with the connection or Wifi etc ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes