cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Like thick syrup

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My connection is like  browsing through thick syrup - today

I have run speedtest and it appears good - except for an initial hesitation

What is going on ?

Any updates being downloaded to the router or something ?

Interestingly - just found that the NTP is failing to sync !!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Bandsteering just switches between Wi-Fi frequencies for compatible devices as they move around.  If this is something you do not need, you can disable it.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

It did pick up a new ip address - so I presume that's good enough

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

30 minutes is recommended for starting a fresh session that may improve speeds, @Weevie, not just 20.

30 minutes is a minimum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

It is still slow but slightly faster than yesterday - I rebooted the router and left it for 20mins

Could you tell me how to delete an old phone that is no longer connected to the router - wirelessly - it is shown as existing but no ip address...

Also - should I disable BANDSTEERING ?

I have googled it - and it reckons that it causes more problems than it helps with network congestion

thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Nothing going on that I'm aware of, and tests are clear.  Have you tried a reboot of the router or a 30 minute powerdown to clear the session.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes