cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Alternative Router to eero6 for full fibre connection

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I have recently moved to TalkTalk and have been sent an eero6 but there is no way for me to turn off the Wi-Fi on it.

I live in a house with very thick walls and so have hardwired cabling and an existing mesh system which I would like to continue to use.  So I have 3 questions.

How can I turn off the Wi-Fi on the eero6?
Is there an alternative router that TalkTalk can send me?
If not, is there a spec for a 3rd party router (non-Wi-Fi or at least one I can turn off the Wi-Fi) which I would have to purchase myself but would resolve the issues of having multiple Wi-Fi networks broadcasting adjacently.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @yellow_peril 

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

A big thank you to those who helped me on here, replacement router arrived on Friday and the returns bag for the eero arrived today (Monday) and everything is now set up, the WiFi easily turned off on the TalkTalk WiFi Hub and everything is back to (what I think of as) normal!!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Yes you can still disable the WiFi, but there is currently a bug if you ever decide to re-enable it at a later date. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 13

No Problem 🙂

We can usually change the setting remotely.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

OK, hopefully it is still a setting you can change, I will find out when I receive the new router and feed back on here. Thanks again - Ed

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi

I'm not 100%, I know you used to be able to in a previous firmware, but we have had a couple of updates since then, so not sure how much this has changed.  I'm not using one of these routers myself.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

That's great Karl, can I just confirm that I can log into the router as Admin and turn off the wifi (like most normal routers!).

Message 8 of 13

Hi

I'll place an order to send you a Wi-Fi Hub and returns bag.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

I had a Vodafone (my previous ISP) Wi-Fi Hub THG3000 which had the Wi-Fi turned off and then that connected to the ethernet switch. That just flashes red if I plug it in now as I presume the vodafone settings aren't compatible with the TalkTalk settings.

Can I change to a TalkTalk WiFi Hub and send the eero6 back?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

Ok. As far as I am aware the eero will only work with additional eeros. What router were you using previously before the eero?

Michelle

0 Likes

yellow_peril
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Hello Michelle, I have a BT Whole Home Wi-Fi set up, bought off the shelf with 6 discs connected through cables from a gigabit ethernet switch next to the ONT connection and current TalkTalk router.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

What existing mesh system do you already have?

Michelle

0 Likes