cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No IP address generated

sanshiro91
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have been without service since Friday 09/08, and after multiple rounds of the same testing by Talk Talk support, I finally managed to get my case escalated. I received a new router yesterday (even though I had already made it clear that I'd tested 2 other routers, and that a replacement would not fix the issue), and an Openreach engineer visited this morning. The engineer said their was a desyncing event, which he had fixed, and observed that my line was now working, but that it could not sync with any of my routers. Talk Talk have now carried out another test showing that no IP address is being generated, and that another Openreach engineer will visit tomorrow. 

Edit: I have seen in another post that asking Openreach to rebuild the line fixes the issue. I will see if they can do this tomorrow and update it here.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

sanshiro91
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Update: the engineer confirm with his tech support that the line build was fine, and then performed a lift and shift which has fixed the issue. I’ll return here if the problem reappears, but finally seem to have the internet back after a week without service. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK, thanks for that. Hopefully the support team will pick this up tomorrow. 

0 Likes

sanshiro91
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

It isn’t. I have a standard sagecom router from Shell / Talk Talk, however the rest of the issues seemed the same. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Just to clarify from another post of yours: is this an eero we are talking about? 

0 Likes