cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER ISSUE WITH 1471

FlashGordon
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

On my previous land line service, last number recall offered to “call the number by pressing 3 on the  phone and said that there might be a charge for this service.” This worked.
 With TT’s implementation, after dialling 1471 the last number recalled is read out and then says  “ to call this number press 3 “  There is a short pause and then says “.you have not dialled any number” then another short pause says “ please hang up.

The instruction to dial the number when 3 is entered has clearly been omitted, in my opinion. It is important to me that this feature works as intended as I could not remember an eleven digit number and probably beyond most people.

Please investigate. 
Thanks

Gordon

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've asked our Faults Escalation Team to take another look at this so I'll post back as soon as we receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

FlashGordon
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Michelle, (Support team Staff)

We had a short duration mains failure recently and the fix applied by your upgrade team has failed to work since then.

Last number recall, 1471 , reads the number then asks to press 3 to phone the caller. No auto dialing and a few seconds later the voice tells me I have not dialled the number and a few seconds later am told to please hang up. 

This process is exactly the same as I reported in May this year which you escalated to the Technical Fault Team which implemented a fix.

After the short mains failure I attempted a 1471 recall which failed to announce the last number and so rebooted the GRANDSTREAM VoIP which then gave me the number but did not dial it. I noted that the EERO 6 appeared to work normally after the mains drop, but I did reboot it the next day.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Morning,

Has there been any change since Friday?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi again,

Would you mind retesting later on today and letting us know if this is now working please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted. I've escalated this straight back to our Faults Team and have asked if they can provide an update ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hello,

You're welcome and hopefully we'll hear back soon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for passing this to your Faults Escalation Team, I look forward to their input.

Gordon

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Good morning,

I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team for further investigation. I'll post back here as soon as receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Chris,

Went though your procedure - but the end result after dialling 1471 was the usual readout of the last number called, followed by an invitation to dial 3 to connect with the last caller, then a pause of a few seconds then a comment that I had not dialled any number, short pause then asked to please hang up. 
There was no mention of “the 1471 service is now closed”.

Are we certain that the firmware to dial the last caller is installed in the DVA (grand stream)? Just a thought.

Thank you for all your help 

Gordon

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

OK, could you try the following:  plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Chris,

As requested I switched off the ONT for 45 minutes yesterday around 6pm and dialled 1471 twice this morning:
 The first time I was asked to press 3 and was told that I had not dialled any number and seconds later was asked to hang-up. So, no change following the reboot.
The second time I dialled 1471 and was told “The 1471 service is now closed”.
Thanks for your help, 

Gordon 
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Gordon,

Could you try switching the ONT off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

FlashGordon
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thank you Michelle,

Yes I have disconnected the complete network from mains power, reconnected after several minutes and dialled a call from my smart phone to establish the last call. Then dialled 1471 and was asked to dial 3.
As previously I was told that I had not dialled the number, there was a short pause and was then asked to hang up.

I did try the same routine and dialled 0 instead of 3, but this did nothing and was asked to hang up.

Thanks again

Gordon

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is this still happening since your last post? Could you try powering down the DVA and then retesting this again please to see if this is still happening?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes