cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

STILL NO BROADBAND: HEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!

Jimmead
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hello Folks

I'm in the St Albans area, and have now been without ANY service for THREE WEEKS! I believe this is an Openreach Issue, not TalkTalk directly, but obviously I can only chase TalkTalk! I'm told that the issue is affecting other users (I know my immediate neighbour is affected; they're BT customers?)

I've tried calling and UNTOLD time on the chat portal (at least 8 times). Constantly being told that an engineer has been assigned, and that the issue is being reviewed, but it seems that either TalkTalk are fobbing me off, OR Openreach are fobbing TalkTalk off?

The issue has supposedly been escalated to the complaints team, and I have emailed them several times and been PROMISED a call back with specific windows THREE TIMES. NO CALLS!

Unfortunately, we have diabolical mobile reception in and around our house, so cant supplement the lack of broadband; AND we have a digital landline, so NO landline phone either!!

Anyone else affected by this, and does anyone have advice, as to the best way forwards?

Thanks All

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Latest update from Openreach as follows : 

-Patch Lead assigned engineer and will be attending today 19/08, awaiting completion/further updates. 

So we are waiting on a completion notification from the field engineer, so may have to check / test tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jimmead
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl, et Al,

Hope you had a great weekend?

I still have NO SERVICE.

Any news on a fix yet?

Ta, Jim

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Some faults can be more complex to resolve, and whilst we see very few of these, sometimes they can take longer than usual to resolve.  As you say, your neighbour is affected and they are BT customers directly , so if they are unable to get their own customers back online quickly, this will also apply to other providers.

I've checked directly on the Openreach system and their Jeopardy Team have contacted controls with the note :  get engineer pinned to this today 16/08 urgently.

So they are aware of the time taken to get this resolved, and are proactively applying pressure within their own organisation to resolve.

They have asked we follow up with them on 19th (Monday).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.