cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Missed Calls on Broadband phone

Jimbos1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

A couple of days ago I was upgraded to Full Fibre broadband. My home telephone is now plugged into my router, rather than the old copper connection socket.

Since I upgrade my telephone display is now showing regular missed calls. However, the telephone never rings at the time the missed call is recorded and the display shows NO NUMBER for the number that called.

When I looked at my home phone display the morning after upgrading, I had 32 missed calls showing on the display, all with NO NUMBER. I tried plugging the old filter which was provided for the old broadband set up and, although the phone still worked ok, the missed calls were still being received.

It is inconvenient to have to scroll through 32 missed calls to make sure that none was from an important caller.

I wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar problem and, if so, how the problem was overcome. I should add that I have registered the problem with Talk Talk.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning Jim,

Excellent, glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Jimbos1947
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Many thanks for your help Michelle, all sorted now. Great service.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Good afternoon,

How has the voice service been since this morning? Have the 30 minute missed calls now stopped?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

This should now be resolved. I'll check back in with you in the morning just to check that everything is working ok.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've requested for the fix for this particular issue to be applied and I will post back as soon as this has been done. This should hopefully be done today but I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Michelle.

I presume it is a Hub 2 as it was fitted by the engineer who did the upgrade to full fibre broadband 2 days ago. The information on the label on the back of the Modem reads: Devise Ver. : FAST 5464-2. T4.

I have updated my Community Profile. Since last night, I have 41 New Calls, although the phone has never rang.

Hope you can help

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Morning,

Are you using the Wifi Hub 2?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 9 of 11

Many thanks for the reply, it is already under investigation by Talk Talk and I am happy to learn that is a known issue so, hopefully, they will sort it out in due course. The missed calls always occur at 29 and 59 minutes past the hour now, although they were at 28 and 58 minutes yesterday.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

It's a known issue and straightforward to resolve if staff can identify your account, @Jimbos1947.

Make sure that your Talktalk phone number or account number is entered where asked in Personal Information.

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu.

SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.