cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TT Digital Voice App Authentication

sendittomartin
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I had my Fibre 150 installed on Monday, together with the VoIP adapter.  I saw that there was  Digital Voice App available in the Play Store and downloaded it.  I tried to set it up and failed.  When trying to reset the password I received an 'oops technical error'.

I have chatted with technical support twice now and both times they insisted that a line connection test was required.  I told them my service was working perfectly and that I had no problems accessing any sites, or streaming etc.

During today's chat when they insisted on doing another connection line test for an app which would sit on my mobile, I mentioned that I was not using the supplied eero as I had an established wired/wireless network using Linksys WH0303 Mesh system.  I was told that the TT Digital Voice App would only work on my mobile if I had an eero connected to my internet connection.

Has anyone else had issues is this app when using an alternative router than the supplied eero router?  And can anyone clarify why I need the supplied router in order for an app to work on my mobile?  Especially when I could me making and receiving calls using that app when away from my home wifi.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the below Help Guide?

TalkTalk Digital Voice App - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

I do not have an Eero as yet & cannot comment on that, sorry.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response.

I understand how the Grandstream adapter works, but I am not talking about that. I am talking about the TT Digital Voice App that is available in Playstore, or the iphone equivalent.

The app is installed on the mobile and is seperate from the landline, and allows for calls to the landline be answered on a mobile phone which is connected to any network, either 4/5G or wifi.  Here is the link to the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metaswitch.cp.TalkTalk_Telecom_Group_PLC_18015&gl=...

After talking to TT support I am still none the wiser why I must have an eero router installed in order for the app to work on my mobile.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The TalkTalk Digital Voice service is not the same as some VOIP soft phone app that you might use. They use VoIP protocols to function to a VoIP provider. Some calls might be free & some might cost a lot more then TalkTalk's standard charges. 

TTs DV requires an ordinary landline phone (ideally a DECT cordless set of handsets) connects to either the Grandstream DVA or the Sagemcom Hub 2. With the Grandstream DVA this further connects to an Eero via an Ethernet cable. This form of VoIP service is very secure, a phone app like you seem to have may not be encrypted at all. All call charges/facilities are the same as a standard TalkTalk's phone service over copper wires from your exchange to your property.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes