cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

NEW REPLACEMENT ROUTER

ShahAA
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I was on fibre 65. My router gone kaput. I have spent 4hrs with the service agent. I think I'll commit suicide at this rate. 

I need a new router as children doing GCSE and I work from home sometimes. 

The help people made me do hundreds of resets etc.etc.

I know the router is faulty because a) it does not connect to the internet. b) I cannot see it's said on any device. c) I borrowed a neighbour's modem router and that works fine. 

Talk talk initially said I'd run out of data. I said I'm full fibre unlimited. He then sent me a chatgpt copy and paste of what running out of data means..!

He then having explained I don't use the internet much and have not exceeded a fake limit then tells me that he sent me a router a month ago! 

I said what rubbish are you talking about? I just had this problem for the last 3 days!

He then tells me to connect a non existent router and then later threatens with of we send engineer and if no fault I will be charged. 

I said, look the router is faulty. I've had it for years and never replaced, my next door neighbours router works fine.

After 4 hrs over several days.. I don't know what to do. I then went to buy a router from Argos, but that's a router apparently I need a modem router! 

Anyone sensible at talking talk can give me a ring to sort out a new router or even a second hand one that's working?

Thanks.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 13

Hi @ShahAA 

Community Stars, like @Gliwmaeden2  and myself, do not work for TalkTalk, we are customers like anyone else. We just volunteer our spare time on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 13

Hi ShahAA,

Glad to hear the new router has resolved the issue, apologies for any inconvenience. Yes we do work for TalkTalk. If you need any further assistance just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

ShahAA
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I have the new router. THANK YOU.  It works perfectly. 

I spent 4hrs or so of my life, yet you guys solved it with less hassle in 20 seconds!

Do you guys work for Talktalk or just forum administrators. Why was it so difficult via the online dedicated help vs the message i put on here and had eerythig sorted! 

Message 4 of 13

Hi ShahAA

Apologies again for the issues you experienced, I will feed this back.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the new router (once it arrives)

Thanks

0 Likes

ShahAA
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support. 

Hi Weevie- Yes after going through online tech support nonsene you litrally feel like scraeeaming at the nonsenese some of them spout out. 

HOWEVER, i searched anad rememebered that coming onto this forum you have some people, god knows if they are employed or what but do help. so BIG THANK YOU. Now my wife said.. yeah they told me they sent one amnth ago!. I told her that is telephone tech support, that guy was just chatting nonsense. This is hte real deal. Next time i may just ask a question here. 

Here's waiting for anew router.

thanks once again to the team! 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Weevie 

I know that it was @ShahAA the OP & despite it being a Bank Holiday, you can see that TalkTalk has already ordered a replacement router, courtesy of @Debbie-TalkTalk. I just meant that going to the CEO was wrong when the forum has not even been tried. Whatever experience the OP had with the Service Centre, the customer raised the problem here. I doubt if the CEO team work over Bank Holidays either.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Hi ShahAA

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've ordered the router now, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 13

@Weevie, the OP first posted on Friday, already a Bank Holiday. 

Today is also a Bank Holiday, so trying to contact the CEO is unlikely to be effective. 

The best hope for the OP is that staff on here pick this up in the usual way. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

@KeithFrench 

It's not me -  its ShahAA

Who has tried the normal channels - ie) "Support", who have repeatedly failed to resolve the problem

I find that CEO can normally help where normal channels have failed

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Surely @Weevie you have to give this a chance to be rectified via the normal channels before making a CEO complaint.

Keith

0 Likes

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I suggest that you contact CEO Dept - who should be able to resolve this - tristia.harrison@talktalkplc.com

Copy to concerns@talktalkplc.com

0345 172 0088

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Forum support is online only, @ShahAA.

Staff are now away over the weekend - a skeleton team on Monday may pick this up for you.

Full support resumes from Tuesday. If they think a new router is required they are usually pretty quick sending these out.

Meanwhile your main pont of contact is via Chat or phone support:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes