cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Nat keeps changing on xbox series x

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

Hi,for a few weeks now my nat keeps going from open to stricked.i have to reboot the router.

Any help

Paul Langford
0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 71

HI again,my son plays tournaments in games and at the moment he can't rely on the connection.its not good.

Paul Langford
0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 62 of 71

Hi yes,the xboxbox does need UPnP,to work properly.when I go to connection test it says strict and Upnp is no available.when I reboot the router it comes back as open Nat type.when I try it the next day it goes back to strict.

Regards 

Paul Langford
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 71

Hi @langy71 

Thanks for confirming your connection type.

Are you just relying on UPnP to open the required ports, which is the normal method? However, not only is this highly insecure, exposing all of your devices to untold malware, or are you using port forwarding, which is far safer? If you have the Sagemcom FAST 5364 or 5464, there is a bug in the current firmware (V174) where UPnP does not work anyway.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 71

My profile has been updated,my xbox is wired to the router.

Paul Langford

Message 65 of 71

Hi langy71

Thank you. I've asked our Devices Team to take a look at this and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 66 of 71

Profile has been updated 

Paul Langford

Message 67 of 71

Hi langy71

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

langy71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 68 of 71

Hi,I have tried that.this is stopping me and my son playing multiplayer Games.it has only started doing this everglades since the live chat sent a new update to the router.i would like it resolved.

Regards 

Paul Langford
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 69 of 71

Hi langy71

I have seen a couple of customers mention this now. Can you try a 30 minute power down of the router please?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 70 of 71

How is your XBox connected to your router - Ethernet or wireless?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes