cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Netflix Access Issue - Request for Assistance

Zack67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2
Dear TalkTalk Support Team, 

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I have been experiencing with accessing my Netflix account via my TalkTalk internet connection. 

The problem appears to be related to Netflix detecting a VPN connection when, in fact, I am not using any VPN services. I have contacted Netflix customer service, and they have recommended reaching out to you, as they believe the issue might be originating from the TalkTalk side. And asked me to request confirmation from you that the location and IP address align with my home details.

Attached to this email is a copy of the communication with Netflix customer service, highlighting their suggestion to contact you for assistance. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and kindly request your help in resolving the issue. 

If you require any additional information or clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

Kind regards,

ZK
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Zack

There are no issues at TalkTalk side that will cause this. Like most services, Netflix will use Geolocation data for checking IP addresses accessing their services.

If you take your IP address and check it via any third party site such as What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6  (This will detect your IP Automatically) and give you information regarding your connection, general location and country, and also state if you are using a VPN Service etc.

Netflix will use a similar method to detect what country you are in when accessing their services. 

If the registered info at TalkTalk end were incorrect in any way, it would be reflected at any of these third party websites.

This will show that the info or registered database that Netflix are using in this case is incorrect.

You can pass this info to Netflix with your IP Address and ask them to correct this, or turn off your connection for 30 minutes to see if a new IP address is issued to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes