cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Win VPN not connecting

batola4797
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have recently been issued with a new laptop that uses a Windows VPN mechanism, and this laptop is unable to connect to the VPN, giving me the error "The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because one of the network devices (e.g. firewalls, NAT, routers etc) between your computer and the remote network is not configured to allow VPN connections. Please contact your administrator or service provider to determine which device may be causing the problem."

My employer says this can be caused by my ISP blocking VPNs (I've read elsewhere on this forum that TalkTalk doesn't block VPNs) or by packets being fragmented after encryption (I suspect this is likely to be the cause) but in either case it's not something they can resolve, it can only be resolved by me and/or my ISP.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi batola4797

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi @batola4797 

The Windows VPN supports many different types, which protocol is it using & is this the same as the VPN server that you are trying to connect to? Which make/model of TalkTalk router are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi batola4797

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes