cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Customer with No internet

AAXLRB
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

New customer who has registered with Talktalk for Fibre 150 about 10 days ago. Received the Eero 6 modem about 7 days ago. Received text to confirm that Cityfibre would be sent to property to install fibre. 

Cityfibre has now installed it and tested the installation and informed that fibre is up and running. ONT box has all the lights on.  Connected Eero 6 to the ONT box, blue steady light on when setting up the Eero 6 via app on mobile. When following set up process on the app, an error message pops up saying the Eero 6 can't reach the internet. Engineer from Cityfibre onsite tried troubleshooting and was in contact with TalkTalk technical support and tried troubleshooting for 45 mins.  Was informed by Talktalk, that as the customer we had to contact them. 

When trying to contact customer services we encountered issues as we had no email confirmation that we have registered for fibre with TalkTalk. We have no account number, no order number and no welcome pack and now no Internet. 

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hello,

My colleague has looked into this further and this has been escalated to be resolved as soon as possible. They did advise that this can take between 3-5 days but we'll monitor for updates for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 34

Morning,

I'll look into this for you and will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

I have not received any account number details yet. I have included an order number in the personal information detail which I was informed can be used to track the issue. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

Hello,

Could you add your account number to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Message 25 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Called on Saturday for a status update on the radius test, and was informed that there was an issue with the talk talk server registering new connections?? 

Was also finally informed what our order number is. 

Apparently the issue has now been escalated to another team. Would be good to know when this will be resolved.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Morning,

Just to confirm, have you been in contact with our Faults Team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

@AAXLRB, forum staff will not be back on here before Monday. 

Hope that you can make headway over the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Switched ONT off twice today, each for 30mins + but still unable to connect to the internet. First test I connected a device straight to the ONT and couldn't connect. Received the same error as previously. Second test I connected the Eero back to the ONT and the Eero was still unable to connect to the internet. 

Spoke to customer service via the chat service and they mentioned that there was a radius test which failed and that they are doing another test? Not too sure what this exactly means. However, i've been asked to get back in contact with customer service on Saturday for a status update on the test.  

What do you mean by the order appears to be complete? 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

OK thanks for trying that. If it still isn't working can you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest (the order appears to complete)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Hi, done this, says the Thunderbolt Ethernet is connected and "Thunderbolt Ethernet has a self assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet". All lights on ONT are on. 

Tried calling TalkTalk customer services, no one can locate our account and apparently without finding our account they cannot help us with internet. Getting very concerned at this point - we've signed up for Fibre150, have received the Eero in the post and CityFibre have been out and installed fibre, so TalkTalk must have registered us somehow? Like many people, we're dependent on the internet as we work from home. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 34

Hi AAXLRB,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT, bypassing the eero, and check to see if you then have an internet connection

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Thanks! Just done it. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 34

Add address details in your community forum profile, @AAXLRB, for staff to try to trace the order.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; personal information. Add any extra information in Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES.

Staff will reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes