cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Full Fibre Connection Not Working

Nikkimread
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi

My TalkTalk fibre broadband was installed on 14th March (after 3 separate City Fibre engineer visits). We were told from the last City Fibre engineer that this would be sorted within 12 hours but it still isn't working. We are still using our old TalkTalk connection.  

The ONT as part of the new connection is connected and has all the lights on but when an ethernet cable is connected to the Wi Fi hub or to a laptop directly it does not work.  

I've tried multiple times explaining this on online chat and through phone calls but aren't getting anywhere.

Essentially, it just requires someone to allow the connection from either Talk Talk or City Fibre's end. Can you please help?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Nikki,

Your connection still looks OK from our end, if you are still experiencing problems please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Nikki,

Could you let me know if this is now working, it all looks OK from our side

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Nikki,

I've just checked and your connection appears to be up and running now, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

OK, I've made a change which hopefully will fix the problem. The changed can take a few hours to take effect but hopefully it wont take that long

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

That's great Nikki thanks. I'll take a look at this now, I think I know what the problem may be and it's hopefully an easy fix

Chris

Message 6 of 14

Hi Chris,

Is this what you mean?

Device Ver: FAST5364-3. T8

Sagemcom

Thanks,

Nikki

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Nikkimread,

Could you check the label on the router and tell me the make and model number

Chris

Message 8 of 14

Hi Karl,

It appears my last message did not post properly. No, it is still not working.

Thanks,

Nikki

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Nikkimread,

I can only conclude that all is working now, but if there are any issues, please get back to us here.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Nikki,

Just to confirm, is it still not working today?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Karl,

Still not working I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Nikki

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi

CityFibre have resolved an issue from their end, can you please retest the connection and let me know if it's working.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

I've escalated this to our network teams to check the service for you.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes