FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband cutting out intermittently

Eitan
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I have been using TT Fibre Broadband for the past 6 weeks now and consistently been having issues staying connected. 

When the WIFI works it is great and extremely fast. However, randomly multiple times a day it will just cut out momentarily. Not for a very long time and I can usually reconnect straight away but when I am trying to stream or on a call and it keeps cutting out it is extremely frustrating and unprofessional. The broadband health check comes back with no issues but it does say on my account that 7 out of 8 of my devices struggle to connect regularly. If it was just one device I'd assume it was that but if 7 of them are having issues it must be the WIFI. 

Is there anything that can be done? 

Thanks,

Eitan Rock climber and life climber
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Eitan

Optimisation is now turned off for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Eitan
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Yes it is the Sagemcom router. Could this please be switched off then?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (the one with the bronze colour behind the holes on the front), as if you had this router, and if you just briefly lose connection for a few seconds then this could potentially be caused by the router jumping between Wi-Fi channels due to its Wi-Fi Optimisation feature (it is only the Sagemcom router that has this feature). If this was the case then the staff here could switch that feature off for you.

Eitan
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Skynet_TX,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I have been testing your different solutions and it appears none of them have worked. I have changed all the channels to see if that helped but the WIFI still drops in and out for a second cutting off my connection. I have updated my profile with my TT number and name.

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi Eitan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Eitan,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

Assuming the router is staying connected to the internet then you may be suffering from Wi-Fi interference (e.g. your neighbours might have a router broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours).

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the staff here would be able to help with that.

I'm not sure what router you have, but be aware that the Sagemcom router has a 'feature' called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the staff to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.