cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Broadband connection, no update?

Leeh8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Our broadband has gone down, the router is constantly flashing orange.

Have tried all the self help, restarts, checked wiring (not changed since when it has been working fine), plugged directly into test socket, all to no avail.

I've raised a fault (REP-13825129), but struggle to get to the update page, received no SMS about the line test, and when i get through to the status page it's just the initial 'case open' message.

Have tried the chat for help but just go around in circles with the bot questions.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks,

Lee.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi Lee,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi Michelle,

We're finally connected again after the 2nd BT visit, thanks.

Regards,

Lee.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. We'll check back in with you later on today to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi Michelle/Chris,

I'm afraid the new router did not solve the problem either, we are now awaiting another BT appointment tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi Lee,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know once you receive the router.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi Chris,

Whilst awaiting your reply I spoke to the technical team on the phone and they've advised they now think it is the router and will be sending out a new one.

So I guess I need to try that before calling out an engineer to visit.

Regards,

Lee.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

OK, I'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home, would you still like me to book the first available appointment (engineer charges may apply)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Morning Chris,

I have left the router off for more than 30mins and then turned on again, several times yesterday (7th). I also have left it on for long periods in case something needed to update. I followed the troubleshooting and used the reset pin to reset the router. Still doesnt work. The only thing different is the light now flashes orange/white, rather than just flashing orange before.

I would really appreciate help to solve asap as this is the 6th day without any connection , and i am concerned that as my fault has been closed as complete i have to start all over again to get help.

Regards,

Lee.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi Lee,

Openreach cleared and closed the fault on the 6th. Can you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi again Chris. We've been awaiting a fix but we still have no connection.

There was an update on our fault log saying it was fixed yesterday, but now we have a flashing orange and white light on router but still have no connection. Our fault has been closed complete but it hasn't been fixed.

I've tried the reset pin to reset the router but this hasn't fixed it either. Is there anything you can do to reopen our fault and help it be fixed please?

Thanks

Lee

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26
0 Likes

Leeh8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 26

Hi Chris,

OK thanks very much for your help. 

Regards 

Lee

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

The line test is failing with a fault code that means that I have to raise this as a non-appointed task which I have now done. This just means the Openreach will investigate over the next few days and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

OK Lee, I'll book the first appointment available and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Leeh8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 26

Hi Chris,

Yes I accept the potential charges.

Please can we have the first available appointment and we'll make sure we're available.

Thanks,

Lee.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

OK, if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Leeh8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 26

Yes please Chris, could I arrange the engineer to visit.

Thanks,

Lee.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

OK thanks. If you've tested at the test socket then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Leeh8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 26

Hi Chris,

No not currently connected to test socket, i did connect it to test socket yesterday and restarted the router but it made no difference.

Regards,

Lee.

0 Likes